This far exceeded my craving for pancakes. I was tired of the same old gluten free pancake and wanted a moist flavorful pancake. I had the quinoa on hand and decided to throw it in because these flavors were reminding me of my PB&J quinoa bowl recipe.
I was so impressed at how well these stuck together and flipped so nicely. I even tried making a large crepe and it didn’t do to bad when I flipped it.
Gluten Free PB&J Crepes & Pancakes
1 1/4 cups Kinnikinnick Foods Pancake & Waffle Mix (Gluten Free)
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup creamy gluten-free peanut butter or other nut butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup banana, smashed (about 1 small)
1/3 cup quinoa, cooked or 1/3 cup oatmeal, cooked
1 cup sliced strawberries or preserves of your choice
1 sliced banana, if desired
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- In large bowl, stir pancake mix, warm water, peanut butter, granulated sugar, salt, and egg with whisk.
- Fold in the quinoa or oatmeal and banana. The batter will be runny. Add a little more quinoa or oatmeal if you like thicker pancakes.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat (375°F).
- Wait for the griddle to be hot then brush with vegetable oil if necessary.
- For each crepe, pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot griddle; For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.
- Top pancakes with sliced strawberries or preserves; roll for crepe or leave flat for pancake; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This idea was based on this recipe.
I’ve added 1 tsp pumpkin spice to this recipe for a fall treat! Top with powder sugar.