Oh my gosh, these are delicious. As you can see, I ate two before realizing I should photograph them.
What to do with one cup of frozen shredded zucchini? Not enough for zucchini bread or zucchini muffins.
I found this flour less zucchini brownie recipe and was about to put 1 cup of peanut butter into the mix when I decide that was just WAY too much peanut butter. Not for the flavor but because of how much fat and calories are in peanut butter. So I modified the recipe to include oats and an egg and less peanut butter. Next time I will reduce the sweetener or use baking Truvia.
The peanut butter flavor is mild and it’s so moist and fluffy (because of the egg addition). The oats and zucchini give it a healthy, “good for you” texture. I used a combination of pancake syrup and honey for the sweetener.
Chocolate chip peanut butter oat zucchini brownies (gluten free, dairy free)
1 1/2 Cup Quick 1-minute Oats, Dry
1/3 cup Cocoa – Dry powder, unsweetened
1.5 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4-1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground (depending on your preference)
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter or other nut butter
1 cup Zucchini, includes skin, shredded
1/3 cup Applesauce Unsweetened
1 large Egg – Whole, raw
1/4 – 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup (pancake syrup) or sweetener of choice (add a little water if needed if using Truvia or a dry sweetener)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3/4 cup Organic Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet
- Spray bottom and sides of 8 x 8 glass baking dish with oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and grate the zucchini.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and combine.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!