123 Gluten Free came through for satisfying my craving for cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon buns recipe is printed inside the box of the Southern Glory Buttermilk Biscuit mix or on their website. I’m on a vegan kick right now so this was the perfect dessert because it doesn’t contain eggs and allowed me to substitute the milk/heavy cream with coconut cream.
Product: 123 Gluten Free Biscuit Mix
Price: Listed as $8.99 on their website
Buy again: Yes
Recommend to friends: Yes.
- The mix was fast and easy to make.
- You can make it as cinnamon-y as you want! I put on a lot and it wasn’t quite enough IMO.
- I used 1 can of coconut cream instead of the heavy cream + half&half that the recipe calls for. I did not add lemon or apple cider vinegar to make it buttermilk.
- Rolling it was a little difficult because I wanted to use my fingers like real cinnamon rolls but it crumbled in my fingers so I had to use the plastic wrap to roll it, which worked fine.
- For the glaze icing, I used hemp milk and powdered sugar (omitted the butter).
- They didn’t rise much, if at all, for the two hours in the fridge that the recipe calls for.
- The outside edges that touched the heavily “buttered” pan turned crunchy – yum.
I scarfed down four cinnamon rolls before realizing I should blog about it. The glaze was a little thin when I put it on, so it seeped down into the cracks of the roll.