This recipe from Eat Life Whole is such a great recipe because it’s dairy free substitute for ice cream and has a healthy dose of good-for you fats. In addition, it’s quick and easy to make.
Tonight, I found a way to enhance it even more. I love the chocolate and peanut butter combo so I chose that nut butter over making my own almond butter and threw in Andes mint baking chips that would make a wonderful mint ice cream.The chocolate protein powder is listed as optional as it will probably taste just as good without it.
The baking chips can be melted in a glass microwave safe dish, in the microwave by heating on high in 15 second increments, stirring in between. Do not over cook.
- Andes – Mint Baking Chips, 1 Tbls. (38g)
- Vega Sport – Performance Protein Chocolate, 1.3 oz 1 scoop (optional)
- Bananas – Frozen, 2 medium (7″ to 7-7/8″ long)
- Avacado (Hass) – Medium, 1/2 medium
- Jif – Creamy Peanut Butter, Natural, 1 Tblsp. (33g) or other nut butter
- Ghirardelli – Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips, 32 chips, melted
- Toss the frozen banana pieces, ½ of an avocado, Andes, and protein powder into a food processor (or blender) and chop until the frozen bananas break down into a soft serve consistency.
- Add the almond butter and process/blend for a few more seconds.
- Top with 1/2 of the melted chocolate and throw in the freezer for 1-2 minutes until the chocolate hardens. Serve immediately.
Calories per serving 283 (not including protein powder)