I was incredibly surprised with the amount of moisture in this banana bread, the golden crunchy outside and how it didn’t taste grainy on the inside! You don’t even have to click on the picture to the right to see the moisture oozing from this bread.
This is a great banana bread even if you aren’t gluten free. I had to slice this bread and put it in the freezer asap because I had already eaten 3 pieces of it and it should be savored.
The amount of banana in this recipe may be reduced to 12oz or about 4 medium bananas. Nuts and dried fruit are optional, feel free to mix in your favorites.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1/2 cup All Purpose Gluten Free flour or Rice Flour
1.5 cup Almond flour or Oat Flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plus 2 tbsp margarine or butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
16 oz bananas (about 5 average sized ones)
4 large eggs
3/4 cup chocolate morsels (0r cranberries or other dried fruit)
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray two loaf pans.
- Sift flours, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and bananas together until smooth.
- Briefly stir in the eggs to the banana mixture.
- Pour the flour mixture into the banana mixture until blended. You will see lumps of butter if your butter was cold.
- Pour into loaf pans and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and the cake is just firm. If you have a glass or dark metal loaf pan, you may want to keep an eye on the loaf and put tin foil over it if the edges start to brown early.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving or once completely cool, slice and freeze for up to a month.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Serving = 16 (with 16oz of banana)
Modified from this recipe.