The first product to try out of the box of gluten free goodies was Udi’s Whole Grain Bread. The bread was frozen as soon as it arrived and then pulled out less than a few weeks later and put onto a sandwich. So this is a review on frozen then thawed pieces of bread.
- The bread has a nice texture, a little stiffer than regular white bread, but on par with a number of whole wheat breads out there.
- I did not find it to be grainy as some gluten free products can be nor was too dry.
- The size of bread pieces are perfect size (in my opinion) but are smaller than whole grain breads on the market. They are closer (or a little smaller) than the “sandwich” type bread pieces.
- The crust on this bread was thick but tender.
- The bread itself held together fairly well.